Friday, February 7, 2020

introduction

I am a Jewish, mitzvah practicing jew in Long Island that has gone through the yeshiva system all my life including a two and half year program in a black hat yeshiva in Israel(Kol Torah).My stay in Israel also included six month's working on a kibbutz(be'erot yitzchak). I am very far from a traditional black hat yeshiva bochor. I am currently married(going through a messy divorce)with three beautiful sons.I love to learn especially machshava trying to find meaning and substance to both our religion and life. I will use this blog to escape from the day to day noise of life and try to use it as a form of meditation and as tool to re energize and to refocus.

I believe that we have a beautiful religion that was designed to challenge its followers to seek out and search for G-D by studying the world he created, understanding how he runs his world and then trying to emulate his actions resulting in a better place to live. I don't believe that we can change G-d or use G-d for our own selfish needs. I believe that it is our goal to change ourselves by understanding and then trying to emulate G-D "by going in his ways". In this blog I will be laying out thoughts that occur to me whether on the parsha,navi,daf or just plain machshava that comes to me during my lifetime

The beauty of a blog is the ability to communicate thoughts to the world and then have them analyzed and critiqued. It also forces the author to develop thoughts and learning so that it can withstand the challenge of any criticism. I hope that this is what this blog will do for me. Thank you in advance for reading and I hope you enjoy-alex

No comments: